February 4, 2008

Intelligent Kidz

What’s good Family? I know I’ve been off the radar for an extended minute but believe me I have an excellent excuse…At the end of last year while I was out on the “It’s NO LONGER Smart to be DUMB” promo tour supporting my new album “Wise Intelligent iz…The Talented Timothy Taylor”, I got the chance of a lifetime and I could NOT turn it down. As you all know (and for the ones who don’t) the focus of my mind, body, and soul over the past 15 plus years has been on community education, upliftment, and development, but outside of doing lectures, workshops, and panel discussions I’ve only had the chance to put most of my ideas, thoughts, opinions, questions, and solutions on wax. While this was cool for a minute it doesn’t really have the power to realistically make a substantive and long lasting positive impact in the lives of our youth. Things have snowballed way out of control in our communities and we can longer afford to just sit on the sidelines talking about the issues and just hoping for things to get better. I think its past time for us to start balancing out our theories with direct community action, and I can’t think of a better way for me at this time in my life, than helping to facilitate an after-school youth program right in my own hood!

So at the beginning of November 2007 I/we linked up with the Arline Institute to help implement an After-School tutoring program. This exciting and powerful new youth program is not only specifically designed to answer the educational and social needs of our youth, it will provide them with invaluable life skills and lessons that will prepare them to live in the real world in real time. Everything kicked off officially at the beginning of this year (2008), and is off to a fantastic start. The initial jump off is a 10 week program and it’s in most of the Trenton public schools as we speak. Intelligent Kidz Inc. is the "liaison” between Trenton Public Schools, Parents, their Children and the Arline Institute. Over the last few months we have been out in the community making the parents and students aware of the FREE tutoring services that are available to them. After which we help to facilitate the implementation of said tutoring program in the Trenton School District.


Here goes a brief background on the Arline Insitute…

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 2008

Arline Institute, Inc. a mid-Atlantic regional educational consulting firm, provides comprehensive supplemental educational services (SES) through our ‘Back-To-Basics’ tutoring program. The ‘Back-To-Basics’ program is specifically designed for students attending public and charter schools designated "in need of improvement" by the U.S. Department of Education under the No Child Left Behind Act (2002). Arline Institute instructors work closely with parents, schools, community organizations, and local educators to implement our research-based tutoring program. Arline instructors ensure that all students improve academically by providing appropriate support, motivation and small group instruction tailored to their individual needs.

At the Arline Institute our mission is to attain and maintain leadership in the mid-Atlantic region by providing rigorous standards-based tutoring and educational consulting to underachieving urban public school students. Arline Institute is approved by the New Jersey, Maryland and Pennsylvania Departments of Education as a provider of Supplemental Educational Services (SES) and other educational services. During this academic year, 2007-2008, we seek to be recognized as the major provider of supplemental educational services in New Jersey, Maryland and Pennsylvania. We fulfill this mission through strategic partnerships with school districts, charter schools and non-profit agencies focused on underachieving urban students.

For more information about our after-school tutoring program please reach out to us at…

intelligentmuzik@yahoo.com

Now that everything is up and moving strong, I can step back into the mix. I apologize to everyone whose been trying to get at me over the last 2 months…I sincerely appreciate all your LOVE and SUPPORT! I could not have gotten this far without you! So with all that being said…I’m BACK in the building and I’m ready to go to work…I’m going to reach out to everybody that reached out to me over the last few months for interviews and features…We’re going to make it happen!
For booking, interviews, features, and shows please contact Born Free at bornfree9@hotmail.com / intelligentmuzik@yahoo.com

I am also very proud to announce that I am apart of “The Platinum Speakers Bureau”. For more information about this dynamic bureau and how to book me for lectures and panel discussions please reach out to Saideh Browne at sb@platinumspeakersbureau.com

I’ve begun working on the 2nd period in my Back to School series…. “Wise Intelligent iz…The UNCONKABLE Djezuz Djonez”, and I guarantee that this album is going to be more than just another CD in your collection. This project is going to be an Unforgettable, Irresistible, and Undeniable experience!
So stay with me…2008 is going to be a GREAT year!

Proper
Education
Always
Corrects
Errors

Wise Intelligent iz...
The Talented Timothy Taylor
In Stores Now!!!

Also check us out at... www.myspace.com/wiseintelligent

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain