August 19, 2008

Artist Of The Week - Stacy Epps

I have to admit, I haven’t found a lot of female emcees I can get into, which is why it was such a breath of fresh air when I came across Stacy Epps. She can rhyme, she can sing and she has a soulfulness about her that permeates through her work. Much like her music, Epps is a mix of things herself, being part black and part Japanese, and with her album, The Awakening, just being released online, the emcee / singer is about to embark on a month-long European tour. While the well-traveled purveyor of positive vibes was packing her bags for her trip I caught up with her to find out more about her life growing up as an army brat, what it was like working with the likes of MF Doom and Bahamadia, and how her law degree is just a backup plan. Click here...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain