September 1, 2008

Artist Of The Week - Envelope

It’s no secret that I receive a lot of albums in the mail, so it takes a little something extra for me to really take notice of one based on its cover art. Enter Envelope’s full length collaboration with Blueprint, Shark Bolt!, an album that’s cover features a drawing of a man (presumably Envelope himself) being eaten alive by a giant shark. Sure, we’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I had a feeling this CD was going to be an interesting ride. I popped it in and not only was it interesting, it was really dope, which is why this week I caught up with Envelope to find out how the album came to be and discuss everything from some of the theories people have on why he’s named Envelope to what his groupies are like. Click here...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain