October 31, 2008
October 27, 2008
Live Painting by M-Squared (who painted the cover of the album!), Atomic, EMA, RIZZ 22, Pesu, and Brandon!
FREE GEAR from WerdInk.com!!!
All Ages! $8
Death by Audio
49 S 2nd St.
October 25, 2008
Admission is $5 before 11:30, $10 after. Come early, get in for less and enjoy two completely different shows. Now that's a bargain! This is an all ages event. You must be 21 and have a valid ID in order to drink. There will be giveaways. Everyone that attends, takes something home.
The Bowery Poetry Club
308 Bowery Street
(Between Houston and Bleecker)
F train to 2nd Ave, 6 to Bleecker
10:00 PM Open Mic Sign Up. (The list is limited. The taping is 1 hour)
DJ Ready Cee Spins from 10:00 - 10:30PM
10:30 - 11:30PM Bondfire: Mic's Open Show hosted by "The Bronx Über Villain"
11:30 Bondfire: Concert Series Begins
11:45 -12:30 1st Act: Preachermann And 'The Revival' - Soul Man
12:45 2nd Act: Kahlil Almustafa - Hiprock Spoketry
1:10 3rd Act: K Swift - Emcee
Think MTV Unplugged, Def Poetry/Comedy Jam & SNL. During Bondfire: Mic's Open Show, open mic participants are guest of the host, "The Bronx Über Villain". Like medieval times where kings were entertained by the likes of jesters and musicians, performers do the same for the audience as well as , "The Bronx Über Villain". Each performance concludes with a mostly humorous comment from the host. The official show once edited for televison and dvd will have a mix of the most outstanding open mic performances and out takes, live performances from the Bondfire: Concert Series, video interviews with various artists, comedy sketches and special ‘The Bronx Über Villain" commentary.
Bondfire: Concert Series 11:30-until
People aren't too enthused these days with live shows. They never seem to start on time. Artists either cancel or show up and aren't that impressive. New York is a great city that has a reputation for being the starting point, and place of discovery of some of the greatests musicians to ever do it. Bondfire: Concert Series is about regaining the confidence of music lovers and creating lasting memories. Simply having a wonderful time. We're saying, 'No To Mediocrity!'.
October 22, 2008
October 21, 2008
Bronx/Chicago based Hip Hop artists Rebel Diaz decided to drop a message to Obama about their concerns.. It comes on the heels of the bail out and their response song 'A Trillion'.... Hollar back let us know what you think..
October 20, 2008
Can It Be [Half A Million Dollars And 18 Months Later] by Murs (c) 2008 Warner Bros. Records Inc. for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside the U.S.
This hour long mixtape honors CMJ's year round commitment to supporting authentic hip-hop music. This project contains current singles and exclusives by artists that are relevant to the college market and beyond, such as Slug, Dilated Peoples, Skyzoo, Emilio Rojas, Diamond D, Torae, Mobb Deep, U-N-I, Royce Da 5'9", Heltah Skeltah, A. Pinks, Sha Stimuli,The KnuX, Pharoahe Monch, Wale & More. Producers featured include DJ Premier, The Alchemist, DJ Scratch, 9th Wonder, Jake One, Illmind, Black Milk, M-Phazes, Khrysis, Analgoic & more. Click here or on cover art below to download. Scroll down to view view rear cover & tracklisting.
- Intro – Torae & A. Pinks
- Evidence – “The Layover” (prod. by Khrysis)
- Dilated Peoples – “The Last Is First” (prod. by The Alchemist)
- Kel Spencer – “Lord, Give ‘Em Some Help” (prod. by M-Phazes)
- Emilio Rojas – “Young, Fresh & Fly” (prod. by Illmind)
- Butta Verses – “A New World” Freestyle (prod. by M-Phazes)
- Shabaam Sahdeeq – “Freaky Flow” (prod. by Nick Wiz)
- Skyzoo – “Braggin Rights (Remix) (prod. by Analogic)
- Wale feat. Skyzoo – 5 Minutes (prod. by 9th Wonder)
- Chaundon – “Politically Incorrect” (prod. by Eric G.)
- Sha Stimuli – “Gotta Get Money” (prod. by Soundsmith)
- The Knux – “Fire”
- Diamond D – “U Can’t Be Me” (prod. by DJ Scratch)
- D-Black – “Black on Black Crime” (prod. by Black Milk)
- U-N-I – “Yesterday”
- Royce Da 5’9” – “Shake This” (prod. by DJ Premier)
- Posdnuos & Slug – “Oh Really” (prod. by Jake One)
- El Da Sensei feat. Doujah Raze – “Got Fire” (prod. by The Returners)
- Heltah Skeltah feat. Smif N Wessun – W.M.D. (prod. by M-Phazes)
- Wais P the Pimp feat. Mobb Deep – Stop Chasin (prod. by KY)
- Black Milk, Pharaohe Monch, Sean Price – “The Matrix” (prod. by Black Milk)
Bottletop is one of the most forward thinking and exciting charities in the UK. Since its birth in 2002, Bottletop1s dynamic approach to charity has generated funds in excess of £250,000 for grass roots health education projects and the support of leading recording artists and political figureheads from around the world ranging from Justin Timberlake and Dido to Kofi Annan and Bill Clinton.
October 13, 2008
Now with the release of Red & Purple Vol. I, Proton showcases their lyrical talent alongside an assortment of their female counterparts.
2. Laptop - Proton
3. Freaks - Lil' Vicious ft. Doug E. Fresh
4. Juicy Fruit - Mtume
5. Magazine Dreams - Proton
6. Ice Cream - Raekwon ft. Ghostface and Method Man
7. Come Alive - Slick & Rose ft. Proton
8. Inside My Love - Minnie Riperton
9. The Bee RMX - Jessica Tonder ft. Proton
10. 1-900-HATE-PRO - Mykal Monroe
11. Because, Because - The Bird & The Bee ft. Proton
12. Blue Jay Way - The Beatles
13. Hot Sex On A Platter - A Tribe Called Quest
14. Playboy - Proton ft. Amanda Diva
15. Good Look - Proton
16. Roxanne - The Police
17. M.I.A Sh** - M.I.A ft. Proton
18. Ready To Go - Proton ft. Muffy
19. Kiss You Back - Digital Underground
20. Wait A Minute - Proton ft. Roxy Cottontail & Maggie Horn
21. Poison - Bel Biv Devoe
22. Feenin' - Jodeci
23. Candy - Cameo
24. Just Put It In My Mouth - Akinyele
25. Annie Mae (Sweet RMX) - Muffy ft. Kamikazbi
26. I Love My Baby So - Janelle Monáe ft. Proton
27. If I Love You Tonight - Gayle Chapman
28. Funky Ride - Outkast
29. Fade Away - Santogold ft. Proton
October 8, 2008
I went into the project of creating this mix album inspired by two other albums. I was hoping to create a combination of the formats of Dilla’s Donuts and Girltalk’s Night Ripper. Donuts was an eye-opening release in the sense that it was the beat-CD-as album. As a beatmaker, one of the struggles can be that we make beats every day and then must depend on artists to help get the music released. After years of shopping beats and giving out beat CDs, the beat CD has taken on an art of its own. Girltalk’s Night Ripper was revolutionary in its blatant thievery. It is black market music, filled with unofficial remixing and borrowing bits and pieces of major songs. As an artist who had been limited by sample clearance issues, I needed to find an outlet for all this sampled music I’ve created that feels very meaningful but has been left to get dusty in my hard drive over the years due to not being able to find the right artist to write the right song, or labels not being willing to release sampled music. Adding newer, sample-free material to the mix only seemed to add relevance to the more raw production style I had when I started. The answer to me was to just put it all out, for free, all at once, in as creative of a way as possible.
The result is Let It Breathe. Forty minutes of my favorite beats, remixes, snippets of unreleased songs, and interludes artfully arranged. Enjoy and help spread the word.Download
October 7, 2008
October 6, 2008
I've been wanting to put the mix I've been doing at these shows online, in hopes of spreading the word to people who need to hear it most. So, here it is: (zipped vbr mp3 / 84.7 MB)
Please share the message. Educate those who may not know what is really going on. There is still time.
If you, or anyone you know, isn't registered to vote, I encourage you to make it a priority and fix that before it's too late. This election is WAY too important for anyone to not get involved. If you need more information on how and where to register, vote, or participate, please check the links below.
I honestly feel if we make our voices heard, this time WILL be different.
October 5, 2008
|"Love - Produced by Ebonie Smith"||length: 00:44|
I love you to death , like slugs do to chest
in culture clubs there be vets
saturated, double wet,
that, flammable solution burn
pollution from the depths of a trouble soul left on the steps of st. anna
miracles don't survive they die and re-incarnate
I am just a fly up high that saw the carnage
iron eagle bondage, prisoner of mind
I will never tarnish, human statute
strongest, stand the test of time