October 6, 2006

Flavor Flav Says It All on Solo Debut



Flavor Flav Says It All on Solo Debut
NEW YORK (Sept. 28) - After finishing up an overseas outing with Public Enemy, rapper-turned-reality TV star Flavor Flav plans to go full steam ahead with his self-titled solo debut, has been in the works for more than a year.

The set will arrive on Halloween (Oct. 31) via his own label, Draytown Records.

"This is my first and only album ever because I want it to be a collector's item," Flav told Billboard.com. "I always wanted to do a solo album but coming up through the years there's been a lot of obstacles in my way that have stopped me from being able to do so."

The new disc features only one guest appearance; Smooth Bee of the '90s rap duo Nice & Smooth is featured on the bonus track "Baby Baby Baby." "This is the way I want people to perceive me so I don't have (any) collaborations," says Flav, who also experiments with R&B on the album. "It has music for all ages, from 10 up 'til senior citizens. I worked hard on it and everything is Flav."

The rapper says lead single "Flavor Man" is his favorite track. "It's because of the heart and soul that I put into it. I'm playing live instruments on there and doing all my lead vocals and background vocals," he says. "I always pictured it being a big record."

Flav is currently relishing the third season of his VH1 reality series "Flavor of Love," in which he attempts to find a mate through a series of elimination rounds and dating contests. Despite its popularity, however, Flav says he plans to put the show to rest and explore other opportunities.

"If there's a connection (on this season) then there might not be a reason for 'Flavor of Love 3,"' he says. "I ain't scared to do it again but I ain't really trying to. I want to do a talk show or something. I've done enough dating on TV. I'm ready to spread my wings and go down other avenues. I don't want to just stay stuck on one page 'cause you don't make it to the end of the book (that way)."

Flav's other ambitions include a solo tour, a book and another Public Enemy album that would be helmed by him. He says, "Chuck D wants to release another Public Enemy album but I always wanted the next Public Enemy album to be done by me."

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain