March 31, 2008

S.O.U.L. Purpose "The Way We Live" Music Video



Many artists tend to have their bio written for them. Well, contrary to that orthodox style, I feel nobody can explain my musical journey of “joy, pain, sunshine and rain” better than me. My name is Mazzi and I am a native of Jersey City, New Jersey. I am the lead of a group called S.O.U.L. (Sense Of Understanding Life’s) Purpose. We are respectively the biggest crew in hip-hop today for the simple fact that if you helped our music to prosper in any way then you are part of the S.O.U.L. Purpose collective! Whether you bought my record, came to any of my shows, made me a beat, engineered a session, collaborated with me, did cuts for me, gave me airtime, played my music, interviewed me, charted my music, put me on a bill to perform, promoted my shows, danced for me at shows, filmed one of my shows, took my pictures, worked on my videos, passed out flyers for me, put up posters for me, sponsored me, lent me money to further my projects, gave me words of encouragement, inspired me, fed me, drove me or supported my music in any other possible way, you are a member of S.O.U.L. Purpose! S.O.U.L. Purpose is community based, culture-conscious, and for the children! While many artists wait to expand financially before giving back to the community or contributing to charity, S.O.U.L. Purpose feels the need to “Payback A.S.A.P.” My environment and surroundings made me who I am, so it is only right to share the wealth. Without my people and neighborhood, my music wouldn’t have the sound it does. With that being said, half the profits made from album sales shall always go to various charities (specifically clarified on a project-to-project basis).

My music is the sound of reason, revolution, growth, struggle, experience, and debauchery all wrapped up into what I think is best described as “Street Corner Soul Music”. S.O.U.L. Purpose is real life, my life and the life around me. I represent the average man with the above average flow. I make motivational music for the thinker. S.O.U.L. Purpose can be digested on several levels so everybody can relate to it one way or another. I wear my heart on my sleeve and rhyme about what I know. I concentrate on content, concepts, and captivating flow patterns to paint a vivid picture in songs.

My history as a performer is very sturdy. I made a name from myself early on because of my exciting stage shows and breath control. With over a decade of stage experience, I’ve performed with and opened up for just about everyone you can think of: Eminem, G-Unit, Black Eyed Peas, Run-DMC, Ghostface, Common, Flavor Flav, Faith Evans, Erykah Badu… the list goes on and on. Before S.O.U.L. Purpose I was part of a group called The Ancients. We were signed to Budz Distribution for one project and Landscape for two projects. In 2003 S.O.U.L. Purpose was formed and we signed a deal with Coup D’Etat Records (Caroline Distribution). We dropped two singles (both debuting 1 and 2 on CMJ charts) and the Breaking Records LP which featured Percee P, Breezly Brewin, Wordsworth and Pumpkinhead, and lasted 15 weeks on the CMJ charts. S.O.U.L. Purpose has become a respected group that fans can appreciate. Now we’re back with several projects ready to blast off into the universe! Look out and partake, because S.O.U.L. Purpose is me, S.O.U.L. Purpose is you, S.O.U.L. Purpose is us!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain