December 24, 2009

12 Days Of RazMas: Day 11- RazMas Eve: Wo(men)

It's RasMaz Eve! Yep It's already been eleven says and we've nearly completed the journey through Top $ Raz's album "Spilled Milk". Today's selection is entitled, Wo(men).In this track Raz tells the stories of the troubled lives some women face that are easily over looked and considered not.


1. Explain what Wo(men) means. Have you ever heard Organized Konfusion's "Invetro", your first verse has a similar theme as Pharoahe's verse in the song...

I called it Wo(men) with men in parenthesis because I'm a man on the song speaking from a woman's point of view. Nah I haven't heard that song before, those cats seem to be the innovators of creative POV storytelling. A lot of cats think Nas was the first to do the whole talking from the point of view of a firearm, when "Stray Bullet" came out a year or so before.

2. Do you have future plans of being a father? If so, how will you introduce your child or children to music?

Yeah of course I'd like to be a father, but no time soon. I'd definitely filter out the explicit music from their ears until they're old enough. I want my children to know their history and know the contributions that black folk have made to all music genres. I also want them to have an eclectic taste in music. When I was young everyone told me rock and roll was for white people. I had to learn myself from that, I don't want my kids to have to do that.

>Download "Spilled Milk" <

Follow Top $ Raz on Twitter www.twitter.com/topdollaraz
Follow FreehiphopNow.com on Twitter www.twitter.com/freehiphopnow
Follow Twiturm http://twitter.com/twiturm <-Upload your own tunes and embed them!

Tomorrow, "12 Days Of RazMas" concludes with Day 12. Farewell.

No comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain